Strategic Intention #1: Elevating Teachers
Invest in strategies that position Greenville as an ideal destination for teachers.
PEP wants to make Greenville a destination for the very best teachers. We focus on recruitment, retention, and morale initiatives to ensure that every student has a terrific teacher in the classroom. We are proud of our leadership through:
- Foster and facilitate entry into the profession through the Greenville Alternative Teacher Education (GATE) program, a strategic partnership with Greenville County Schools.
- Celebrate the profession through #Teach864 events and special initiatives for new teachers.
- Amplify teacher voices, informed by an understanding of policy and the education system.
- Increase access to affordable housing.
- Increase access to: classroom resources and grants; leadership pathways within the profession; ongoing learning and growth in the profession; quality mentoring; teacher wellness resources.
Strategic Intention #2: Empowering Advocates
Leverage an advocacy point of view that supports our mission.
PEP identifies critical issues that impact our students, teachers, and schools, and advocates for equitable and inclusive solutions. We lead grassroots efforts to inform, engage, and mobilize public education champions in our community and across the state. Be an education advocate by:
- Signing up for our Action Alerts.
- Reading through PEP’s policy priorities and annual legislative agenda.
- Visiting InformEdsc.org to access powerful data about public education.
Strategic Intention #3: Engaging Communities
Shift our capacity model to support work at a systemic level.
PEP supports work that fosters stronger connections between schools and families, and connects our expertise and insights to cross-sector issues, conversations, and action. Out impact is felt through:
- The Make Summer Count family literacy initiative that builds home libraries.
- Strategic partnerships with United Way of Greenville County, OnTrack Greenville, and the Ten at the Top Education Spectrum.
- Leadership with local, state, and national partners in public education policy and advocacy.